Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Monday, June 14, 2010

tim burton's coming to acmi


 I'm a closet goth-child. If you were to open up my chest, you'd see my black, black heart baby. I was always so obsessed with vampires and witches and graveyards and all things gothic when I was a sprout and I watched Tim Burton's masterpiece The Nightmare Before Christmas almost every week for a good few years. His twisted, dark, German-Expressionist world definitely affected me on a very deep level. Also, I could sing a heart-breaking rendition of the entire soundtrack if asked (funnily enough, no one has done so...)

Enough about me. There's a Tim Burton exhibition opening at ACMI in Melbourne from June 24, which i'm very excited about. I wasn't a big fan of his recent Alice in Wonderland, but i'll definitely indulge my childhood obsession and pop in for a looksie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment