Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Monday, November 1, 2010

booze du jour: cider


 Being a cynical, shallow hypocrite, I usually dismiss the flavours of the month before swiftly giving into them and grabbing them by the balls.

A great example of this is Melbourne's current obsession with cider (apple, pear - taken your pick) that i'm sure's only going to gain even more popularity this Summer.

At first I scoffed at it, calling it beer for those without balls. But after downing a pint bottle of Magner's Pear Cider a couple of weeks ago, I was instantly converted to Cider-ism in a fruity baptism of pear-flavoured booze.

Here are my picks for this Spring/Summer:



Aussie brewers 2 Brothers Gypsy Pear Cider

The Irish King of Ciders - Magners

NZ's Monteith's Cider


Ok so these are my favourites so far... give me a month or two of good solid drinking and i'll get back to you with some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment