Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Friday, November 5, 2010

the flying kangaroo, as dead as "skippy"?


 An insightful little poll on The Age website today (ooh haven't newspapers become so interactive these days?):

Are you worried about Qantas's safety after two major engine issues in two days?

Ah... let me think... two engine-related scares on a Qantas plane in the last week? Yes, you could safely say I won't be hopping on the back of the Flying Kangaroo any time soon.

(See the latest article here http://www.theage.com.au/business/engine-woes-hit-second-qantas-plane-20101106-17ht9.html)

 I'm not ashamed to say that i've always had a fear of flying. From screaming like a demon banshee on my first ever flight at age 7 to running up and down the aisle in blind panic on a more recent flight after convincing myself i'd lost my passport (which, according to my mum, is pretty much on par with a fiery death).

I feel a little sorry for Qantas at the moment. In PR talk (I might as well show off the little knowledge that i've gleaned from this year's study) the shit has officially hit the fan and the Aussie airline is going to have to go into some epic crisis-management if they're to survive this debacle.

Yes, I feel for lil' Qantas, but at the same time - an airline's main priority should the the safety of it's planes... so just fucking fix them, mmm-kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment