Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

angsty birthday to you...



Why is it that every year, in the few days leading up to my birthday I always feel this horribly squidgy mixture of emotions? WITHOUT FAIL, every year I feel the same paranoid, confusing, anxious feeling and this year it's only being amplified thanks to the fact that i'm turning 20. Add my reluctance to exit teenhood to my annual pre-birthday jitters and you've got one emotionally-unstable 19 year-old.

 I got more angst than the cast of "The Breakfast Club"!

I'm looking back at my fleeting teenage years with a belly full of regret - regret for the multitude of stupid decisions i've made, but mostly regret over the things I never did. It's a horrible feeling and I hope that any teenagers reading this take heed of this piece of wisdom: you're a teenager, just do whatever the fuck you feel...

Because one day you'll be 20 years old and that, i'm told, is when shit gets real.

No comments:

Post a Comment