Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

oh harry


 Oh Harry, you get me every time.

I lament the butchery that my beloved early-adolescent memories undergo with each Hollywood interpretation of the Harry Potter series, but without fail I rush back year in and year out to the cinema to see the latest installment. And every year I suffer the same geeky disappointment and nerd-frustration. Each adaptation seems to skim over the meaty bits and favour action sequences over good old fashion atmosphere-building and story-telling.

This year, however, was different.

It seems director David Yates has realised that because the franchise is at its close, the true die-hard HP fans must finally be catered to (and if i'm anything to go by, we're a neurotic, hard-to-please bunch). And that's exactly what Yates has done with Deathly Hallows Part 1, by far the most faithful of the Potter movies.

There's action a-plenty, but this time there seems to be a lot more attention to J.K Rowling's detail. I know i'm not alone in saying that her books shaped a large chunk of my early adolesence and with the final film installment around the corner, perhaps there's hope that the inner Potter-nerd in me will finally be satisfied...

And who knows, maybe that Hogwarts letter that obviously got lost in the owl-post 9 years ago will finally arrive on my window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment