Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Monday, December 13, 2010

thank you, aunty meredith

Last weekend I was lucky enough to pop my Meredith Music Festival cherry. It was by far the best music festival experience i've ever and an amazing (somewhat blurry...) few days of vegie burgers, tinnies, good friends, beautiful scenery, crazy weather, leaky tents, unashamed dancing... oh and awesome music.

 My highlights were Washed Out, El Guincho, Dirty Three, Cloud Control, Pantha du Prince and the amazing Sharon Jones.

I'm not going to lie, I was somewhat nervous before I arrived. I felt as if I wasn't going to fit in with all the music snobs, hippies and indies... but the very nature of Meredith (it has this truly embracing and laid-back feel about it) made me feel right at home.

To be honest, I have no idea who Aunty Meredith is and whether she actually exists or not, but I felt truly accepted by her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment