Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Friday, May 14, 2010

mia freedman: a kindred spirit?

What a coincidence! Guess what featured on trail-blazing current affairs program Today Tonight last night... (yes, I'm not ashamed - I tuned in)


"A BIG fat fight has erupted, with body image advocate Mia Freedman coming under fire for ridiculing fat people in her blog".
(Herald Sun, May 13)

I hear you Mia. Your so-called "fat-bashing" is either just an expression of insecure fat-phobia (see my last post) or a concern for the future of obesity in our society, both sentiments I fully understand.

Take a look at her blog here, including her apt rebuttal: http://www.mamamia.com.au/


"Fat-bashers" unite, for the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment