Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Monday, September 13, 2010

single white man-flower seeking good looking honey-bee

 I've been sprung by Spring. The sunshine's a-shining, the icy chill of the Melbourne Winter is already fizzling away and, well... things just look nicer (apart from myself of course. Unlike saucy Mother Nature, my seasonal transformation doesn't look like it's going to be as swift. My pasty, ghost-face complexion and gloomy Winter laziness will take a little while longer to exorcise).

For me, Spring means getting amongst it. Just like those randy flowers pollenating all over the joint, I need to get my petals out into the sun, show off my stem and get myself a bit of attention from a honey-bee or two. But this time, i'm pulling up my roots and working the garden a bit more than I usually do. Too long have I been relying on my flowery man-perfume to attract girls.


Recently I've found myself complaining too much that I only ever attract mediocrity. I realise i'm going to come off as cocky, but my tastes are pretty gourmet when it comes to the opposite sex. If I want to get off the pub-fare and tuck into something a little more haute cuisine, i'm going to have to stop relying so much on attracting and focus on getting out the insect-catcher.


And if all else fails... I can work the streets with the best of 'em.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment