Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

clairvoyeur

Mother Pickle, who's usually quite the sceptic, recently took a friend's advice and saw a medium (aka. psychic, clairvoyant, fortune-teller, gypsy-shaman... call them what you will).


During a mother-son phone-call earlier this week, she told me all about the experience. Usually going to see a clairvoyant is a pretty self-indulgent affair. Basically, it's just another excuse to talk about yourself for an hour. But mama was kind enough to ask him about me (although, she probably phrased it "so how's my brat son going to fuck up this time?").

Apart from the stuff my mum probably already new about me ("hmm... yes, he's very strong-willed, isn't he?" I can hear him saying now), he also said that at age 25 something big (in a good way) will happen to me. Apparently then is when my full potential will begin to burst forth and bring me success, like some kind of beautiful alien monster bursting forth from my chest.

Inspiring? Hmm... not really. So basically I have to sit on my arse for the next 5 or so years and wait for fortune to come my way. What a drag...

No comments:

Post a Comment