Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Friday, April 30, 2010

gingers for justice

So it turns out my surname - Rouse - is the Old English equivalent of "ranga", derived from the French adjectives "roux" (masculine) and "rousse" (feminine), which translates to "red hair".

No, I can honestly say that i'm NOT a Ginger. I'm not disrespecting them, in fact i've never quite understood why people with red hair have been the butt of so many jokes.

However, after watching M.I.A's new music video for her single Born Free (which was so confronting that it was taken off Youtube this week), I can say that i'm quite grateful for my lack of carrot-top.

It seems recording artists are becoming more and more about shock value these days, and i'm all for this new wave of in-your-face music videos. But I dunno - even I think M.I.A. crossed the line a little bit. It was all a little bit unnecessary. On a lighter note, the music video reminded me of this hilarious Catherine Tate sketch...

No comments:

Post a Comment