Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Friday, April 23, 2010

on my telescreen




I'm addicted to the TV series "Mad Men" at the moment (amongst my other addictions). It really makes me want to become an Advertising shark like the chain-smoking yet classy Don Draper... drinking scotch in his office and flirting with secretaries is all part of the job.

And yes I realise that the advertising industry these days would be much less glamourous. Knowing my luck i'd probably end up designing informericals for "snuggies". I suppose screaming at my TV every time I see an ad for Hungry Jack's doesn't exactly qualify me.

The show's set in 1960's Manhattan. Ah, back then women had class. Why do I always find retro-housewivesy women so attractive? Freud would have something to say about that, i'm sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment