Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my childhood fears come back to haunt me... in cinema studies class

I've always had this morbid fear of the 1971 horror classic - The Exorcist. It's a bit of an irrational fear though... seeing as i've never actually watched it.

I vividly remember having the entire film desribed to me, scene by horrible scene, by a primary school friend who was much more rock n' roll than I was (he also gave me the "birds and the bees" talk in year two, which my parents never even attempted. Thanks mum and dad, if it wasn't for little Murray i'd still to this day not know what my willy was for).

I especially recall this childhood friend describing, and theatrically acting out, the infamous "spider walk" scene, in which the possessed little fucker scuttles down the stairs in a demented and equally terrifying fashion. After hearing of this particular scene, I vowed to never EVER subject myself to this landmark of horror cinema (i'm a delicate flower).

But today, my cinema studies tutor decided to whip out a scene for us to analyse. And there it was - THE scene.

Let's just say my childhood bed-wetting phase may just revisit me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment