Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Friday, August 13, 2010

want fame? just have a lie down

Ah Google... you all-seeing, omnipresent Orwellian creature...


This image, of a girl "playing dead" on a street in England, was found on Google Maps Street View.


"The photos of Azura Beebeejaun's body so alarmed residents that they called the internet giant and a newspaper to report it, the Daily Mail said.
Azura said she was "chuffed" her image was on the internet.
"I didn't know anything about the Google Street View car [recording me]. I fell over while I was playing with my friend and thought it would be funny to play dead," she told the Mail.
"I'm quite chuffed I'm on the internet. It is quite funny and I can't wait to tell my classmates when I go back to school."
(The Age, August 13, 2010) 


So now I know what that strange feeling of being watched is (hooray, i'm not schizophrenic!). It's the ever-growing, many-tentacled Google watching over me. Let's just hope he's more "Octopus's Garden" than Kraken.

No comments:

Post a Comment