Welcome to Teddy Pickle - the blog that, above all, strives to be both relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

Friday, August 20, 2010

moving forward


I can officially say that tomorrow my vote will be going to Julia Gillard, provided I can actually fill out the ballot paper correctly (i'm not so good with numbers and instructions and the like).

Why will I be voting Labor, you ask?

My hot little vote will be going to the party that is apparently putting us into national debt for the sole reason that Julia Gillard is an absolutely fucking hilarious human.

 (Jules workin' the crowd at her weekly spot in a smoky little comedy club)

I love to laugh with her, at her, around her. In no way am I criticising her abilities as a politician, but I can't lie - she's like a one-woman comedy show. Her Kath & Kim accent, her little hand gestures, her "Westie" (Western suburbs) pride, her mannish power-attire... everything about her is a endearingly daggy.

And this golden nugget of a quip on Q&A just sealed the deal for me:



I'm not at all a politically-savvy person. I haven't done my election homework (or any kind of homework, for that matter - probably should get onto that...), so I realise my vote isn't going to change the world. As long as the Nazis don't decide to make a ruckus or North Korea decides to branch out, we'll be relatively fine regardless of who's running the show.

So if it doesn't make a massive difference whether it's Jules or Tony, we might as well have a leader that makes us laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment